This course is designed to train drivers to a competent standard in both theory and practical, which will enable them to pass the relevant VicRoads testing criteria for theory, skills and practical driving in the category of Medium Rigid Licence.
Drivers participating in this course must have held a Victorian Car Licence for a minimum period of 12 months.
5 or 8 hours (Depending on Experience).
Theory, Road law and General Driving Tips to prepare for the MR Assessment
Road Law General Driving tips VicRoads theory test
- Pre operational checks
- 90 degree turns
- Braking distance
- Following distance
- Highway driving
- Lane management
- Gear selection
- System of vehicle control
- Maintaining safe speed/safe gap
- Correct use of accessories
- Load Restraint
- Cabin Inspection
Resources: Hino, 6 Speed Synchromesh gearbox
- Theory Test
- Drive Assessment
- Skills Assessment (Reverse Test, Cabin Inspection, Vehicle Inspection & Load Restraint)
Ratio: Student/Instructor Ratio 1:1
- Applicants on Prescribed Medication or with a Medical Condition may require a medical clearance from VicRoads prior to commencement.
- Applicants with an Overseas Licence must have written approval from VicRoads stating licence category eligible.
- Clearance from VicRoads may be required before any Training or Assessment may commence.
* VicRoads criteria will not allow training on international licences (except NZ). Course Prices/times do NOT Guarantee a Licence.
|Experienced (5 hrs)||$650.00||$650.00||$650.00|
|Extreme Novice (8hrs) – One Day||$1,050.00||$1,050.00||$1,050.00|
|Experienced Course ( 8 -9 hrs – 2 pp) – One Day||$1,150.00||$1,136.00||$1,136.00|
|Novice Course ( 9 -10 hrs – 2 pp) – One Day||$1,350.00||$1,300.00||$1,300.00|